Tuesday, April 08, 2014

52 Weeks

Aside from a small mortgage and my car loan, I no longer have any debts, having finally paid off my 10-year-old credit card debts a few years back.

However, I don't have a lot of ready cash, that is emergency funds. My spare cash just gets...spent. "Experts" recommend that you should have enough money in your emergency fund to cover your expenses for three to six months. Checking today, I have enough for just one measly month - eeks!

6 months' worth is a bit OTT I think but I do need to be putting aside cash so I've started the 52 Week Money Saving Challenge.

It's simple - week 1, put away £1. Week 2, put away £2 and so on. Weeks 50, 51 and 52 are going to be tough but I'm going to give this a real go. At the end of the year, I will have £1378, a tidy sum that will be a nice buffer for emergencies (such as a quick getaway in the sun, lol!)

100 Happy Days - Day 50 (Ooh half way there!) - I saved a £1 today!

No comments:

Post a Comment