Thursday, April 12, 2012


Yesterday , I had an unexpected one-to-one with the boss.

Firstly, I found out that 40% of the staff were not getting wage rises this year but that I was among the other 60%.

I then found out that my rise was going to be a higher increase than my 'Exceeds Expectations' merit should have obtained, due to the fact that finally, someone has finally recognised the unfairness of my not getting an annual bonus for the last 3 years whilst the rest of my team do.

It hasn't escaped my notice that the little sh*t in HR who I believe was against my qualifying for a bonus has moved to a sister company and that it's a new HR lady who now looks after our business. Common sense prevails.

I got nearly an 8% increase in the end, which in this current climate and after a few years of no wage rises is quite incredible. Hurray for my boss for continuing to fight my corner!

No comments:

Post a Comment