Sunday, February 06, 2011

Rabbit Rabbit

Gosh nearly forgot to post - Kung Hei Fat Choi, or Happy Chinese New Year, all!

Seems to have come round extra fast this time round, not had my second wage packet this year yet, so struggling with the usual new year payouts to maman, papa and grandmere!

It's the year of the Rabbit (or Hare) - supposedly not a great year for me...ah well, hopefully my 'dragon' pendants and emblems will help me out here!

Not been organised at all, just plodding away but loads to do, dunno where to start!

Had the great idea of getting the house cavity walls filled and the loft re-insulated (cos the house has always been bloody cold!) - got a good price for it, but was told that I had to get the fireplace checked out. It failed the British Gas inspection as it was unsafe...bugger!

Now, have to get that sorted first, before the other jobs and still not started on my own 'little' project.

And I continue to bury my head in work, WoW, my books, football stuff and the gym. Oh and seeing Boom - spent some time with him on several occasions already this year, so already it's better than this time last year... :-)

So gotta get my arse in gear badly - how to motivate myself though??

4 comments:

  1. Happy New Year!

    Oh I hate it when jobs you want to do end up like that. Mine always do. I want to do one thing and it just leads to other things that have to be done first and then I don't have enough money left to do what I wanted to do.

    Great that you are seeing more of Boom!

    I've been sticking to my intention to read more. Have read 3 books already so far this year and am keeping a list (on FB) like you do!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Gina - well since that post, I've arranged for a quote so it's a start at least! Good luck with the reading, I've found that if you make a list, there's more of an incentive to read, for some reason! Well, it works for me! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:54 am

    This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete