Friday, March 27, 2009

Endurance

My colleague PA who did the Iron Man challenge last year? It was obvious he wasn't going to stop there, this endurance thing, apparently it's like a drug.

So what's next on his agenda?

Running three marathons.

On three consecutive days.

My eyes are watering just thinking about what would happen if he got a blister on his foot on day 1...

Anyway, have never been inspired to do any kind of endurance training, hard enough now just trying to keep up my fitness with the aerobics, yoga/pilates and odd gym session.

Last night, the glamorous C joined me in the class - now that neither of us are single, it's harder to get some girly time together - lunch at work is always rushed - must sort out a proper get-together.

We had a nice little catch up in the sauna and then both of us had to rush off to meet our respective blokes!

The situation at work isn't getting any easier; people are afraid to stick their necks out to make decisions, there's too much uncertainty, too much fannying around, yet everything is marked 'urgent' or 'critical'.

One of the girls who sits near us (who was part of our team before the powers that be did a reshuffle) has found that she has lost her job - she is obviously devastated - she's getting married later this year.

It's all a load of bollocks :-(

3 comments:

  1. When I was doing my Charity Walk across Europe, another guy from Newcastle was *running* from John O' Groats to Land's End.

    A marathon a day. For 19 days, if I recall correctly. As many as it took, anyway. I think he had 1-2 rest days in with all that, but otherwise pretty must consecutive days.

    Mad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:49 pm

    I pity his feet. Mine would never forgive me if I tried anything like that. Not that I would.

    The idea of running one marathon is scary enough.

    ReplyDelete