Sunday, December 14, 2008

Glam and Sparkly and Tearful

"Weenie* - you look stunning!" uttered one of the IT managers. I have to admit that I did in fact look rather glamorous - have never worn a strapless dress before and I got many compliments that night. I'm just so glad I didn't have any drunken mishaps, so that dress will deffo get another outing!

So after a tough week at work for all, most people were looking forward to the company Christmas party, which took place at the Renaissance Hotel this year.

Despite being announced relatively last minute (I guess the company ultimately decided to go ahead with it to keep up morale), it was a pretty good turn out with over 200 people.

And the company was unusually generous too - 6 free bottles of wine per table, plus each person got two drinks vouchers. Taxi fares up to £15 (each way) could be claimed back off expenses too - this is totally unheard of in all the time I've worked for the business!

Drank loads of wine (plus the odd G&T!), did a bit of dancing, mingled and took a lot of photos - unlike the 'official' photographer who just snapped randomly at people sat at their tables, I knew most attendees by name so got them to pose - they'll be regretting that come Monday, haha!

JH was hammered again, was a bit naughty on the dancefloor with the Barney Rubble lookalike from the Remarketing department and at the end of the night, couldn't find her handbag... After last week's fiasco with her mobile phone, she was fortunate this time that her bag was located intact on some random table!

Was a good night - me and AM even got turfed out of someone else's party which we gatecrashed as their dj was playing better music - the taxi was on time, crashed out around 2.30am.


Come Saturday, I didn't/couldn't emerge from my bed until after 11am...bleugh! Looked at my photos on my camera - don't remember taking some of them but they turned out really well (must be a good camera!).

Anyway, after I'd woken up a bit, thought I'd brave city centre to do a bit of shopping.

Credit crunch, what credit crunch?The Arndale Centre was packed! I was there for only a short while, couldn't take any more than that so I did a bit of Tesco shopping, was home within the hour and dozing on the sofa!

Woke up in time to watch the X-Factor final. Yeah yeah you may scoff, but at the end of the day, I enjoy good live music and that's what I got. Not all of it was to my taste mind - Boyzone?? Westlife?? but Alexandra Burke, the winner in the end was class - her cover version of Leonard Cohen's Hallelujah not only a guaranteed Christmas number 1 but also the record-breaking fastest download ever. Wow, her tears of joy moved me to tears and even listening to the song is making me a bit emotional, blub blub!

*my real name

1 comment:

  1. That is a generous party. Sounds like you had lots of fun.

    ReplyDelete