Friday, May 30, 2008

Streets of London

Off to the capital again this weekend to see big sis and little nephew. Typically, the weather forecast down south is rainy, whereas it's apparently going to be sunny in Manchester...

This week has dragged a little despite only being a four day one - am looking forward to spending time away - really could do with a proper holiday but that won't be for a while.

Been downloading lots of music recently - got a nice little collection of tunes from the sixties now, although I can't really fathom out how I know so many songs from this era when I wasn't around when they first came out and it's not like they play it on the radio. Maybe just generally exposed to it via television adverts, films etc.

But they make for some different easy-listening anyway.

On the subject of music, I've just gotten hold of a pair of Coldplay tickets for the MEN Arena!

2 comments:

  1. I've seen Coldplay live a few times. The best was definitely the gig in London at some small place, just at the time when "Yellow" was breaking. I didn't even have tickets, thinking I could try my luck with the touts outside. I ended up paying three times face value for a Wonderstuff ticket from the previous week. It got me in though.
    Love Parachutes, like Rush Of Blood... but really lost touch with X & Y. I can't say the new song is doing anything for me either. I think I've fallen out of love with them.
    I thought the recent article regarding an interview with Chris Martin was interesting, when he confessed that he didn't think Coldplay had done anything particularly 'good' and that he doesn't quite understand how they've propelled the band to such great heights.
    I hoping for a good album this time. Of course if it's good, then I'm gonna be really jealous of you having tickets.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:34 pm

    I must confess that I am not a fan of Coldplay although The Scientist always makes me cry.

    I hope you had a good weekend in London. The weather was lovely here yesterday so hopefully was good for you too? Grey today but at least it's dry. Ooops I sound like my father going on about the weather!

    ReplyDelete