I haven't laughed so much in ages, nor been this relaxed. Despite not being a girlie-girl, I do love girlie chats with friends and there was a lot to catch up on.
After sampling a few G&Ts in a couple of bars in Stockholm, I decided that I really needed to tell her about the Valentine thing - I gave her a home-made 'Sorry' card... she forgave me (saying that she had suspected it was me) but what was totally weird was that she then apologised to me for overreacting but that her personal life had been taking a bit of a rollercoaster ride at the time in a major way, the details of which caused me much merriment, but I think she was glad to get it all off her chest.
So how relaxing was this weekend? On a scale of 1-10, it was easily 10.5! :)
- Stayed in bed chatting until noon
- Went to a local cafe for brunch, chatted until 3pm ish
- Back to the hotel to "rest" for an hour or so
- A spot of tv (Hell's Kitchen, no less)
- Sushi and a few G&Ts
- Up in time for hotel breakfast
- A spot of souvenir shopping
- A visit to the Medelhavsmuseet (Museum of Mediterranean & Near Eastern Antiquities)
And then it was time for her to leave.
I believe she really enjoyed the weekend just as much as I did - I found the chatting and laughter really therapeutic and hope we can do this again, only next time, we might try to do a bit of sightseeing!