Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Lost....but Found!

Last night, I got home from work and as I stepped out of the car, I noticed that I was not wearing my engagement ring. During winter, it's a little loose on my finger - as with many things I've never gotten round to doing, I never got round to getting it tightened.

Searched frantically inside my car, got a torch out searched on the driveway - nothing. Have had a lot on my mind lately, so I was really upset, did the tears thing, etc. The boyfriend said that he couldn't afford to get me another one...

When I'd stopped snivelling, I racked my brains to see where/when I could have lost it and recalled a little incident as I was leaving my desk at work. I was carrying some books/files which nearly slipped out of my hand but I'd managed to grab on to them. Something had dropped, I'd looked down, saw nothing and carried on walking.

Sped into the office at 7am this morning and was on my hands and knees searching under desks, chairs, bins, plug sockets - nothing. I was about to give up after half an hour when one of the guys who had just arrived asked if I'd lost something and if so, then something had been found last night and been handed in! I could have cried again, this time with hope!

Turns out one of the cleaners found it and handed it in. I've just been out and bought a box of chocs and a card to thank her for her honesty.

Off to the jewellers this weekend to see about getting the ring tightened...

3 comments:

  1. That's amazing that the ring was turned in. And it was very gracious of you to give her a thank you gift. There are decent people in the world. Hurrah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely - I was convinced I'd seen the last of it. The cleaner really didn't want to accept my gift, which made her even more decent in my eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. That's lucky. Glad you got it back.

    ReplyDelete