Sunday, November 27, 2005

MCFC v LFC


My first Premiership game and it wasn't a classic, despite over 47,000 fans in the beautiful City of Manchester Stadium. We had some great tickets, just six rows from the front, very near the Scouse fans.

Surrounded by Blues fans, I politely shouted "Come on City!" along with everyone else, although there wasn't much to shout about - City were dire, Liverpool not a lot better.

When Gerrard set Riise up to fire in the winning goal, it took supreme willpower not to join in with the celebrations of the delirious Scousers - I didn't want to make frontpage of the Manchester Evening News for being lynched!

Am going to try and get tickets for the Manc derby next time - I'll deffo be cheering for City for real! ;)

4 comments:

  1. It's bloody horrible to be in with the wrong fans.
    Been there, done that, chuffing hated it!

    Still, at least you got the result.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In with the wrong fans!!!!
    Never!!!! tut-tut Weenie! Lol!
    I'd like to do the Manc Derby too at some point, see if you can get tickets to go to OT, the place is amazing, as much as it hurts to say it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been to OT a couple of times, but only to watch International matches, eg Czech Repub v France during Euro 96. I wore my Liverpool shirt that day...lol! :) And yeah, it is a good stadium.

    ReplyDelete
  4. THE UNITED KINGDOM IS FULL OF SOCCER BLOGGERS..
    MY SOCCER BOLGGER IS ANTI..

    ReplyDelete