Sunday, August 28, 2005

A First

A really lazy Sunday today - stayed in bed til 10am, then spent much of the day in my dressing gown either reading, watching a couple of episodes of 'Alias - Season 2' and the cricket on the TV, which was a first for me!

I'd flicked over the channels just as the Aussies were bowled out and thought I'd watch a bit to see if I could work out what was what - cricket always seemed so complicated to me...

About 2 hours later, much to my surprise, I had witnessed a rivetting and nail-biting match, which England finally won to make it 2-1 in the series! Only a draw needed now to win the Ashes!

Who'd have thought I'd have a feeling of dread every time Shane Warne stepped up to bowl?

Who'd have thought I'd even know who Shane Warne was??

Anyway, hurrah for the English lads - let's go all the way!

2 comments:

  1. I have thought about starting to watch Alias too - is it worth it ? - What genre is it ? - currently I am into the 4400 and Lost tv series - but i'm always open for more addictions !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alias kinda fits into the "spy genre", but with many twists, turns, conspiracy theories and cliff-hangers. There are some great characters and storylines.

    Lost is done by the same guy who does Alias, ie JJ Abrams. I'm just 4 episodes into the first season of Lost and I'm loving it!

    So maybe, you could give Alias a try! :)

    ReplyDelete