Monday, April 12, 2010

Rather Headless

Went to the library on Saturday, as I had a couple of books to return and after a quick browse, found a book that I thought would make for more suitable travel-reading than the big tome that I'm currently ploughing through.

From the library, I walked to the newsagents opposite to buy my lotto tickets for work's syndicate and from there, I walked to M&S to pick up a spot of lunch. I then drove home...only to find that when I got there, I no longer had the library book!

After searching the car in case it had slid under the seat or for some reason I'd stuck it in the boot, I drove back to the newsagents and M&S - nope, no book found or handed in. I retraced my exact steps in case it was just lying on the ground. No such luck.

The library had closed by this point so I went back the following day to report the book as lost. They went to put a note against my record only to find that there was nothing outstanding against my account - apparently, someone had found the book and posted it through the library letter box so it had been logged as returned! Phew, thanks to whoever found it but what's bugging me is where on earth did they find it????

My memory seems to be getting worse these days, or maybe I'm just distracted all the time. I mean, I don't mind travelling on my own but be it train or plane, at some point, you'll see me running down the platform or through the airport because I've been distracted by something and then suddenly remembered where I was supposed to be going!

So, I'm going to be away for a while - off to Hong Kong to see my little sis get wed, to spend time with the family and friends and to chill. Boom came round last night so it was good to see him before I went away - again, so much I wanted to say to him but I didn't… And I forgot to give him his easter egg! Also a shame as he would have come with me under different circumstances.

In work today, so much to do that I don't know what to start and what to leave. Stressing about it...

Anyways, ciao for now, best crack on! x

1 comment:

  1. My memory is rubbish too. Really bad. At least the library book ended up safe anyway and you didn't have to pay for it.

    I hope you have a wonderful time in HK. Enjoy your break xx

    ReplyDelete