Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Idiot In Disguise


I'll be catching up shortly, as I've had two of my sisters and a couple of very young and noisy children staying with me for the last few days so the house is in a right state and I don't know where anything is any more…plus I think I've caught some lurgy from the kids as I have a sore throat….

Anyway, went to see the new Transformers 2: Revenge of the Fallen movie on Friday. Gold Class tickets, should have been a perfect evening watching an action-packed popcorn movie.

Except that it was somewhat marred by the fact that we were sat in the front row, where the special effects are right in your face and so fast that much of the time, it's a blur.

Yep, I got struck by dopey-itis again, booked the tickets so that we had good seats at the back of the cinema…only I'd messed up and booked tickets at the front of the cinema - DOH!

Boom was on the verge of launching this couple out of 'our seats' but had the cinema guy recheck the booking, which revealed my idiotic error - what a bummer!

Anyway, it was a good movie, strangely changed pace in parts which slowed it down a bit and there were a couple annoying 'funny' robots (annoying in a Jar Jar Binks kind of way, you know, there for the kids-only-comedy factor) but some excellent effects, Megan was well foxy (reminds me of a young Angelina Jolie at times) and the main robots were awesome.

1 comment:

  1. I find that SFX blur thing happens to me more and more with modern day movies, no matter where I'm sitting in the cinema.

    ReplyDelete