Monday, January 12, 2009

Kinda here, kinda there

I am around but as I predicted, I am now a WoW addict.

I've always prided myself on strong willpower. Food? Alcohol? Sleep? I can deprive myself if necessary.

But the urge to spend every waking hour on a game - I cannot resist... The fantasy worlds of swords and sorcery, might and magic, dungeons and dragons etc has always appealed to me and in this immense game, my character lives in this world and I live in it through my character. Good grief...I've come over all funny!

The novelty may wear off at some point and I should be able to control the addiction, catch up on my blogging/reading blogs etc, but right now, the game is imprinted on the insides of my eyelids when I'm not playing and I'm thinking about rushing home from work and playing straight away.

Don't worry, I haven't fallen so badly yet - I'm still going to my aerobics during the week, went to the gym over the weekend, a good session on the punchbag, still doing a bit of reading.

Have even got a few minutes each day to do a bit of Brain Training on my Nintendo DS (late Xmas present from my sisters).

But to fit all this in, I'm surviving on less than 5 hours sleep a night so I admit I am officially a World of Warcrack addict.

Am keeping it secret from my colleagues so it must be bad. I shall fess up at some point...

5 comments:

  1. I'm managing on less than 5 hours' kip a night, too. That's mainly from drinking, travelling, catching coaches and planes at silly hours, drinking and drinking.

    I think I have a travel problem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol! Maybe you're just a problem full stop! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOOOOH! I think I might like!!! Is this a bad idea??? But it sounds like FUN>>>!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My sister was addicted to Everquest back in the day and we had to have an intervention.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous12:29 pm

    Oh dear I cannot imagine becoming addicted to a game. I don't think my head works that way.


    I'm glad you are surfacing occasionally anyway. I shall be back to nag you if you disappear for long periods!!!

    ReplyDelete