Monday, May 19, 2008

Smoothie Grooves

As predicted, the lovely weather we had all week didn't materialise over the weekend - bloody typical.

Anyway, to take my mind off my dear old Gran jetting off for pastures new, the glamorous C invited me round to hers for some general mayhem with her kids. She did have ulterior motives though - she wanted to make some vodka smoothies with her new smoothie-maker, hence I turned up with a pineapple, a couple of limes and some mangoes!

Woah - great refreshingly tasty smoothies that went straight to my head - ace!

Spent some time playing Yu-Gi-Oh! with the kids (despite the alcohol, I surprisingly won quite a few games) and then the glamorous C dug out her old CD collection to see what 'holiday music' she could stick on her ipod - WOW! Loads of compilation albums and CDs from the 80s and 90s, bringing about much reminiscing and nostalgia.

She let me take the CDs home and many hours later, I now have an extra 300 songs on my ipod!

I do have a diverse taste in music - here are a few of the ones I've just uploaded:

All That She Wants - Ace of Base
Keep On Movin' - Soul II Soul
Papa Was A Rollin Stone - The Temptations
Groove Is In The Heart - Deee-Lite
Apologize - Luther Vandross
In Your Eyes - George Benson
Jerk It Out - The Caesars

They seem to sit quite nicely in between the rock and dance tunes I have!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:42 pm

    Ah the intriguing Glamour C again!!!

    I love my ipod. It is such fun when you switch on shuffle and get the oddest sequence of tracks. Just love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha RB, yeah - she is intriguing and intrigued that you were asking about her! :-) She knows I blog but says she's never read it. I'm not really bothered if she has or does - she'll be bored with all the football stuff though! I don't know how I survived without my ipod before!!

    ReplyDelete