Sunday, April 27, 2008

Working 9-5?

Last week was probably one of the toughest I've had in a very long time at work but it could actually get worse before it gets better.

I put in extra hours, did a couple of 7.30am - 7.30pm days but I'm barely keeping afloat. I'm knackered. The only thing that's keeping me sane is that I'm making sure that I don't miss my gym nights - a couple of hours where I'm just thinking of working out, not work.

Spoke to my boss who said "You can only do what you can do," and told me to go home early on Friday, which I reluctantly did. Why was I reluctant? Because I was planning on staying late again. Think I'm losing it.

So I got home, drank a load of beer and felt better.

Then on Saturday, I drank a load of wine, got silly texts off the glamorous C and felt better.

Today, I worked out, relaxed in the sauna, ate tapas with the glamorous C and felt better.

Bring on Monday!

4 comments:

  1. You should tell them to go shove it up their arses. No-one should work that many hours, and you're already safe so if I were you I'd work the normal hours and if something doesn't happen because there wasn't time to do it then it's your boss' fault for not resourcing properly.

    Uh-huh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deffo got a resource issue but there's a cap on recruitment right now...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous5:09 pm

    This Glamorous C intrigues me.

    I hope this next week is better for you. Everyone can cope with short bursts like this but not when they go on without end. Make sure you take care of yourself, Weenie One.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cheers RB - I've been going in early again this week but leaving on time so not so manic. There seems to be a sliver of light at the end of the tunnel...I'm an optimist! The glamorous C? She's a brilliant friend, always cheers me up and I continue to be amazed that she puts up with my quirky company!

    ReplyDelete