Good riddance 2007, hello 2008!
Last year wasn't an easy one, with some major lows but fortunately some highs too, which kept me sane! Hopefully there will be more highs this year for me.
I welcomed in the new year quietly - in fact, I was driving as the clock struck midnight so it was the first time I was sober on New Year's Eve for a loooong time!
I thought long and hard about making resolutions (teetotalism was considered but what's the point in making a resolution if you know you're gonna break it!?) and eventually had to split them into groups:
- No chocolate until Easter (I'm not a chocolate person but I think I ate too much last year)
- No clothes shopping until April - I have nothing to wear but....
- Budget - in a major way, watch my spending
- No buying books aside from two books from a charity shop for holiday purposes - use library
- No buying CDs - use library
- No buying stuff on Ebay - try to sell a couple of items a month
I've also set a couple of personal goals for myself which I don't want to share here - not yet anyway.
Are they life-changing? To me, perhaps they are or will be - I dunno.
Anyone else bother making resolutions?