Monday, May 07, 2007

Musical Interlude

I'm rubbish at writing up reviews but here are three CDs I've bought in the last couple of weeks:

1. Favourite Worst Nightmare - Arctic Monkeys

I loved the Monkeys' debut album, Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not which sounded so fresh and so unlike anything else around at the time and was really looking forward to this second album.

I've now listened to it a few times and there's a different sound to it which I've yet to really warm to. Can't put my finger on a favourite yet.




2. The Back Room - Editors

I saw a television advert for this band's debut album and despite having never heard any of the songs before, I liked what I heard so had this CD on my wish list.

The ITV sci-fi programme Primeval used the intro of 'All Sparks' as their end theme tune and this reminded me that I still didn't have the album. Listened to it once and already have a couple of favourites - indie rock at its best!


3.Not Accepted Anywhere - The Automatic

Somehow I missed this band's first two singles, only catching on when they released their third single 'Monster', which is still my favourite single on this album, but there are some other strong and catchy tunes on there.

Some good examples of Brit/indie rock anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment