Sunday, February 18, 2007

Kung Hei Fat Choi!



Happy Chinese New Year!

It's the year of the pig or the boar, a symbol of prosperity, so I hope this rubs off on all of us! (Pleeeeease!) In fact, not just any pig year, it's the year of the Golden Pig, which only occurs every 60 years....

After a pretty tough week, had a great weekend, eating loads of yummy food, catching up with family and relaxing.

Some nice winter sunshine meant that Chinatown in Manchester was absolutely packed but it was a nice occasion; despite all the people, there was still a very good, safe atmosphere. I still wondered at the people buying stuff off the burger/hotdog vans when they were passing stalls selling yummy noodles!

Anyway, another week, another dollar. The glamorous C is off for another week, but while she's away, I've challenged a male colleague to a badminton match...maybe I shouldn't have opened my big mouth as I could get well and truly whitewashed here...

No comments:

Post a Comment