Friday, December 01, 2006

Humbug...

It's the company Christmas party tonight. A freebie, in a swanky hotel in Manchester city centre, posh frocks and all that.

Only I haven't bothered to go this year. What a party pooper.

Aside from the fact that I'm recovering from a snotty cold (which I've unfortunately passed onto the equally snotty bf now), I didn't even plan on attending.

First time in years I've missed the party but to be honest, I just couldn't get into the Christmas spirit so I turned down the invitation weeks ago, drinks vouchers and all.

Of course I had nothing to wear, so that was another excuse.

It's the departmental Christmas party next weekend and I am going to that one - gotta get an outfit this weekend then.

Really can't get into the festive mood, done some shopping for presents and that, mostly online but honestly can't be arsed.

Roll on the new year.

Maybe when this cold disappears, I'll suddenly perk up.

Maybe.

1 comment:

  1. It's hard for me to get into the Christmas spirit too. I went to a company party on Friday and it was ok, nothing fancy but food was good.

    Have fun at the departmental party.

    ReplyDelete