Saturday, January 14, 2006

Quandry?

Ok, I haven't really talked about it, otherwise it would be freaking me out and getting me worried, but I can't put it off any longer.

The past year, I've been swanning around on a fabulous European project, jet-setting to countries I've never visited before and staying in swanky hotels.

When I took on this role, I had to give up my permanent job - secondment was not an option, so yeah, I took a big risk, leaving my safe little job of 9 years to take up a 12 month glamorous contract.

The contract is up at the end of Feb, so I've been job hunting since I've returned to work in the New Year - it's been kinda surreal for me, also very scary indeed. I applied for a permanent position at the same company but in a different department (a pretty good position actually that I've got a very good chance of getting) and am just waiting for my interview confirmation.

Yesterday, I got a call - there's a job that's just come up and given my recent performance, I apparently fit the profile. The job is temporary but could be anything from a couple of weeks long up to six months. There's a possibility of it turning permanent, but only a slight possibility.

The thing is, it's in Sweden (Stockholm).

It's messing my head up thinking about it and fortunately, the bf is being very supportive.

I need to find out more info about it before I can make a decision but I had a sleepless night last night.

4 comments:

  1. Sweden eh? Interesting.

    Sounds like an oppertunity, but scary also (no help here is there)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a hard decision. Something permanent versus something unknown. Sweden sounds like fun and if the opportunity never comes again, maybe Sweden is the choice. Darklord may be right, it could lead to other good stuff. But then you factor in bf and it's even tougher. Sorry, no help here apparently.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Weenie - You have been tagged. Visit The Tao of Thao to find out more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. go to Sweden. Don't even think about it. Take weird and exciting opportunities when they come along, as you probably won't get another chance.

    good luck.

    ReplyDelete