Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Owzat?

The last 'team event' we had was a ten-pin bowling night and we'd been thinking of other activities we could do for the next one. Suggestions had included go-karting, paintballing, Laser Quest.

The decision has been made and it's none of the above - it seems we're going to be playing cricket at Old Trafford.

The Ashes have gone to the boss' head.

Ok, I admit I have been following England's progress in the current Test series, which purely boils down to "Did we win or did the Aussies win?" I don't think I have ever played cricket before in my life.

Is it like rounders??? I used to be good at rounders at school...

5 comments:

  1. Don't get too excited about playing cricket. The most exciting thing about playing cricket at school was walking from one end of the pitch to the other at the end of each over!!

    Paintballing or go-karting would have been far more fun:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not getting all excited about it.

    Paintballing and go-karting were both my suggestions...

    *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  3. I prefer the term "Owizeeee!?!" instead of "Howzat!?!"

    Dunno why. I just do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never heard of "Owizeeee!?!"

    See, told you I know nothing about cricket!

    ReplyDelete
  5. El Tel - I've been relatively unscathed in past paint-balling sessions, hence my wish to have another go. But yeah, can be pretty violent.

    Go-Karting - well women-drivers and all that...! ;)

    ReplyDelete