Saturday, January 01, 2005

Bookworm

It's been a while since I've read a book that I couldn't put down. I started reading 'Dawnthief' on Christmas Day and I have just finished it - wow! The first couple of chapters were hard going; getting used to the writing style of a new author, learning new characters' names, working out how they all fit into the story, etc.

A few more chapters in and I was hooked! Such excellent characters and storyline - James Barclay, like my other favourite author George RR Martin, is not afraid to kill off characters and die they do, quickly and unexpectedly! Don't get me wrong, I do like happy endings, but I also like a bit of grittiness/realism in my reading! :)

As soon as I finished the book, I immediately started on the second of the series 'Noonshade', which just picks up from where the action ended in 'Dawnthief'. Am into the first chapter and had to force myself to put it down, or I'll be a bookworm all day today...again! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment