Tuesday, November 30, 2004

Viewing Habits

As I was settling down to watch TV last night with the boyfriend, it suddenly occurred to me that the only programme we are watching these days is the current 'I'm A Celebrity...Get Me Out Of Here!'. Quality TV it is not, but yet here we are, avidly watching every night.

Is this really sad or is it just because there's nothing else interesting to watch? I don't follow any of the soaps (sometimes have Eastenders on whilst I'm ironing...which isn't very often). I used to watch stuff like 'Buffy The Vampire Slayer', 'Angel', 'Friends' but these are sadly no more.

The internet I think has played a big part in our viewing habits - rather than watch so-so programmes, most people would probably prefer to surf, chat or blog these days. I used to watch the news but nowadays, I either get my news online or listen to the radio, whilst I'm on the net.

I still scan the TV pages when I get the weekend paper, but there's never anything that I see where I go "Ooh, I mustn't miss that!".

Apart from 'I'm A Celebrity - Get Me Out Of Here' - currently compulsive viewing and I'm glad the whingeing Appleton walked out! Not surprised she could eat any of the bugs, would have been verging on cannabilism for her, surely? ;)

Who do I want to win? Joe Pasquali.

No comments:

Post a Comment