Tuesday, September 28, 2004

Songs of Emotion...

Occasionally, you hear a song that for some unknown reason (perhaps a combination of lyrics or the music itself)that brings tears to your eyes or a lump to your throat.

Gravity by Embrace is one such song. I'd never heard of the band before but heard this song for the first time on the radio today and I had to blink back tears (bit dangerous crying when you're driving!). It's a lovely song.

The last song that had a similar effect was Snow Patrol's
Run - starts off pretty slow and depressing but has beautiful lyrics:

"Light up, light up, as if you have a choice. Even if you cannot hear my voice. I'll be right beside you dear. Louder, louder. And we'll run for our lives. I can hardly speak at all. Understand why you can't raise your voice to say."

No comments:

Post a Comment