Thursday, December 29, 2011

Books 2011

It's not the only reason I haven't hardly updated my blog this year but it's one of the reasons I suppose - I read a lot more and this year, I finished 42 books which must be a record for me...


1.  The Girl Who Kicked the Hornets' Nest - Stieg Larsson (Crime/Thriller)
2.  Treasure Island - Robert Louis Stevenson (Classic)
3.  The Hunger Games - Suzanne Collins (Fantasy)
4.  The Last Wish - Andrzej Sapkowski (Fantasy)
5.  The Painted Man - Peter V Brett (Fantasy)
6.  Twilight - Stephanie Meyer (Horror)
7.  Flesh Wound - Jon Say (Crime/Thriller)
8.  Dreamer's Cat - Stephen Leather (Sci-Fi)
9.  3rd Degree - James Patterson (Crime/Thriller)
10. Winter's Heart - Robert Jordan (Fantasy)
11. The Redbreast - Jo Nesbo (Crime/Thriller) - Book Club
12. Odd Hours - Dean Koontz (Horror)
13. Elven Star - Margaret Weis & Tracy Hickman (Fantasy)
14. Traitor's Gate - Kate Elliott (Fantasy)
15. The Blood That Bonds - Christopher Buecheler (Horror)
16. The Company - KJ Parker (Fantasy)
17. Spinward Fringe Broadcast 0: Origins - Randolph Lalonde (Sci-Fi)
18. The Lost Symbol - Dan Brown (Crime/Thriller)
19. Crossroads of Twilight - Robert Jordan (Fantasy)
20. The Wasp Factory - Iain Banks (Fiction)
21. Successful Property Letting - David Lawrenson (Non-Fiction)
22. The Last 10 Seconds - Simon Kernick (Crime/Thriller)  - Book Club
23. New Moon - Stephanie Meyer (Horror)
24. Oryx and Crake - Margaret Atwood (Sci-Fi) - Book Club
25. Slabscape: Reset - Spencer S Baker (Sci-Fi)
26. Lifeguard - James Patterson (Crime/Thriller)
27. A Game of Thrones - George RR Martin (Fantasy)
28. Witch Hunt - Ian Rankin (Crime/Thriller)
29. The Devil's Graveyard - Anonymous (Horror)
30. World War Z - Max Brooks (Horror)
31. The Mortal Sickness - Andrew Taylor (Crime/Thriller)
32. The Redeemer - Jo Nesbo (Crime/Thriller)
33. The Lincoln Lawyer - Michael Connelly (Crime/Thriller)
34. Spinward Fringe: Resurrection and Awakening - Randolph Lalonde (Sci-Fi)
35. Fire Sea - Margaret Weis and Tracy Hickman (Fantasy)
36. Neuromancer - William Gibson (Sci-Fi) - Book Club
37. Monsters of Men - Patrick Ness (Sci-Fi)
38. Flood - Stephen Baxter (Sci-Fi)
39. Killing Floor - Lee Child (Crime/Thriller)
40. A Clash of Kings - George RR Martin (Fantasy)
41. Deadly Decisions - Kathy Reichs (Crime/Thriller)
42. Doomsday Book - Connie Willis (Sci-Fi)


Broken down:

Crime/Thriller- 13 books
Fantasy - 11 books
Sci-Fi - 9 books
 Horror - 6 books
Fiction/Other - 1

Non-fiction - 1
Classic - 1

Compared to last year, broken down as:

Fantasy -18 books
Sci-Fi -6 books
Crime/Thriller- 7 books
Fiction/Other - 2 books
Horror - 2 books
Non-fiction - none

First time in ages (well as an adult anyway!) that my top genre wasn't Fantasy!

3 comments:

  1. Good stuff. I'm on 25 and I doubt I'll finish my current one by tomorrow night. A marked improvement on the last couple of years where I've likely not got past 10-12, though I reckon I was doing OK when I was travelling.

    Long gone are my schooldays when I'd be looking at nearer 80-100 a year. Seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good going Mosh.

    80-100 a year sounds like my school days too - I think I read a lot quicker in those days but of course, I didn't have distractions such as the internet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that's my downfall. Too much time pissing about on the internet when I could have a book in my hands!

    ReplyDelete