Much of this month has been made up of:
- not-so-nice days at work, I'm pretty much drowning in paperwork :-(
- a well-earned 4 day break to take advantage of the release of the World of Warcraft expansion, Cataclysm
- our departmental Christmas lunch (since we couldn't get a night out sorted, the guys are just rubbish!) which was a good laugh, great Thai food too
- the Courteeners gig (- pictured - good music, drunken idiots throwing beer though)
- getting my tattoo touched up - apparently this is quite common on black tattoos once the skin has settled but I wasn't expecting another half hour of pain! Yowch!
- my bad cold resulting in my taking a day off work and cancelling the girlie Christmas outing! :-(
- cold weather and snow, though not enough to stop me from going into work (unfortunately) but cold enough to freeze my pipes so that on two occasions, I had no water, having to go to the gym to shower in the morning. After that first time, I stocked up on water just in case (need for kettle and loo!) but have recently been putting the central heating on full blast - not looking forward to the bill.
- a lovely Christmas dinner with the glamorous C and her kids - very relaxing, good food, great company. Christmas morning, I Skyped the family - was fab to see them all, bar Sis #3 who was in Singapore with her family.
Other presents-wise, I got a mixture of daft gifts including a WoW calendar, photo frames, CD, gig ticket, lots of alcohol, a 'Hit Girl' t-shirt but my main present is my Amazon Kindle - it's well cool, very easy on the eye, is kinda like a book when it's in its leather cover but to tie in with my usual new year resolution, I need to make sure I don't go mad with buying and downloading books for it (unless they're free books).
BTW, blog likely to change - at some point, need to sort out template, hate the standard widgets I have at the moment.