Friday, November 17, 2006

Beloved

The bf has been diagnosed as having Type 2 Diabetes.

His doc has told him he needs to lose 2 stone (around 13 kilos) in weight and to cut down/out sugar from his diet to keep the diabetes under control or to keep the symptoms to a minimum.

This also means cutting out his beloved chocolate bars.

I do feel a bit sorry for him but something like this was almost inevitable.

Perhaps this diagnosis was just what he needed to improve his health and wellbeing.

Anyway, he did some work yesterday on the Glamorous C's garden - a pretty big job involving a large tree and the removal of various bushes. I'm glad he has an active outdoor job now as this will help him get fitter.

I'm also glad that he finally met my mate, so he knows who I'm talking about, who I'm out with. Although I do know that she had a little flirt with him as she is wont to do...I know she just can't help herself! :)

Anyway, after a crappy stressful week at work where I worked some pretty late evenings, am so glad it's the weekend.

2 comments:

  1. Good that they caught it, hope he doesn't have too much hassle cutting out the sugary goodness

    ReplyDelete
  2. My sis developed gestational diabetes and has been doing pretty well the last month or so. But after the baby, she has to still watch it because she may develop Tyoe 2 Diabetes. We all need wakeup calls but chocolate isn't all that.

    ReplyDelete