Monday, August 21, 2006

Brain drain

The past few weeks have been a real energy drain.

Not on my body, which seems to be getting fitter with all the exercise I'm doing - swimming (well, trying), gym and badminton - but a real drain on my brain.

Partially, this will be the new job, learning new stuff, new pressures of work etc. But I haven't had a decent break from work now since before Christmas (and then, Hong Kong can't really be described as relaxing).

I think it's starting to all catch up on me.

I'm finding it hard to sleep during the week, yet at weekends, I just want to sleep all day.
Do I feel stressed? Not really, I just feel... I dunno. Not quite there?

I have two weeks booked off at the end of October.

It can't come round soon enough cos my head feels like it's about to explode any minute...

3 comments:

  1. I hope you find some time to take a break from the mental strain. You certainly don't want to burn out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been feeling like that since june.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been feeling like that since 1994.

    ReplyDelete