Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Not a Usual Day

The boss decreed that today was to be "Bright shirt/top Day". I didn't have anything in my wardrobe that was too colourful, so at the weekend, I'd popped into the nearest charity shop and picked up a nice untasteful white top, splashed with big flowers. The department certainly looked very bright and colourful anyway - I tried not to wander around the building too much, as I was getting funny looks from people.

At 3.20pm, I was just about to attend my daily conference call when the boyfriend called. At first, all I could hear was him swearing. I then made out that he had inadvertantly picked up my steering wheel lock and couldn't get it off his steering wheel so I would have to drive down with the key! With dread, I asked him where he was... bloomin' Keele Service Station, off the M6!

So, a quick word to the boss, I packed up my stuff and set off. The traffic was crap - GRRRR! Eventually got to the service station and spotted the bf's car parked up. His first words when he saw me were not "Thanks for driving all this way" but "What's with the funny top?" I didn't know whether to kiss him or slap him (so I did the former).

A 130 mile round trip later, I met up with my colleagues for our team ten pin bowling event. I think I was still in a daze from speeding down the motorway as several asked if I was alright - must have looked like I needed a drink!

I won both my bowling games which wasn't bad (top score of 136) and then we went Tiggis, an Italian restaurant. We asked one of the waiters to determine who had the brightest shirt/top!Lots of olives, calimari and grilled fish later it was finally time to go home.

I was shattered, yet too full to go to bed. The bf still didn't seem very grateful, blaming me for leaving my steering wheel lock somewhere he would pick up (???) but he did say thanks.

Fell into bed at around 1am.

2 comments:

  1. Bright shirt day!?! er... is that supposed to motivate or demotivate the team.

    Me, I'd wear black - just show them who the dick was (me, obviously)

    Belated Birthday Greetings btw.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello to the bf who I am sure is very nice indeed.

    ahem.

    [you do realise you're in for some serious trouble now, don;t you?]

    ReplyDelete