Monday, June 13, 2005

* * Happy Birthday to Me! * *

Yes, I'm a year older today - was that an extra wrinkle I spotted as I looked in the mirror this morning? Another grey hair? EEK! I don't look too bad for my age I suppose.

As it's the boyfriend's birthday tomorrow, we had a little joint celebration last night - we were going to eat at our fave Mexican restaurant, but it was fully booked, so we ended up in Pizza Hut. Had a yummy "low-fat" pizza and then we went to the cinema to see 'Kingdom of Heaven', which was alright. Realistic fighting/gore, nice lead in Orlando Bloom, though he wasn't very believable as a blacksmith, being a little on the skinny side! Strange how religion was so bloody in those days and it still is now...nothing has changed.

Couldn't book the day off work today so I just brought in a load of chocolate goodies (for both my old and new dept). Me, I just nibbled on two biscuits, avoided all the chocs. All the Indian members of the team came up to shake my hand and wish me 'Happy Birthday', which was very nice. Had various text messages and overseas calls too.

Presents? Well, my main present is my iRiver mp3 player (separate post on that, when I get it out of the box!) from my sisters. New swanky designer purse, also from one of the sisters. Got the 'Alias' DVD season 2 , plus puzzle book and a posh yoga mat (and bag) from the boyfriend. Am planning to do at least one session of yoga at home each week....

Also coincidentally, my Liverpool v AC Milan football programme that I won on eBay arrived today. Didn't pay too much over the odds for it, so I'm well chuffed!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks everyone!
    Yeah, I got my copy of the Champs League programme. Ordered a t-shirt too but seems they're out of stock, such is the popularity! Roll on the next football season! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am late in wishing you a very Happy Birthday. Happy Birthday!
    You got a lot of cool stuff. I have an iRiver but it is 512mb and I just shelled out $125 on all 3 seasons of Alias. UGH! But I really wanted them. And who cares about wrinkles and gray hair, shows you've lived.

    ReplyDelete